Wednesday 14 December 2011


OUGD301 – Evaluation

At the beginning of this module I was really excited to be able to create and adapt you own briefs, allowing me to create a brief, which fulfilled the wants I had of what I wanted to create for this year. I think I did achieve this I chose the right briefs with a few alterations, which allowed me to create designs in my style.

Brief one started with the Body Shop brief, I wanted from this brief to create a set of packaging, which would look clean and natural, as packaging was lacking in my portfolio. Overall with this brief I think I should have spent less time thinking about the concept and idea of what it could look like and straight away started making experiments, then I think this brief would have been taken much further.

Brief 2 was the Betty Brown brief which was to brand a traditional café. I think with this brief I wasn’t really thinking of what I wanted from it, more of what I could make it look like. Therefore when the competition briefs came out I found that that brief gave me more design control than Betty Brown, so took my focus over to the competition brief.

Brief 3 was the photographer brief, this started out as wedding stationary and slowly adapted into branding the photographer as I wanted to create a publication, which I got to do. I am happy with this brief yet I think more consideration should have gone into the packaging of the smaller books.

Brief 4 was the live brief woven; I was really excited for this brief and really got into the ideas aspect from it and came up with several strong concepts for the client to chose from. I hope I get the chance to continue with this brief!

Brief 5 the DJ branding, which started off as a smaller brief but escalated into a much bigger brief than anticipated. I am really happy with this brief, however one small thing, which I would change, is in the CD packaging it needs a material on the inside to hold the CD tighter. I would also come up with different series of posters.

Brief 6 is the competition brief for Ministry of Sound. The initial brief was to create 3 posters for 3 months worth of events. So I expanded this brief a little and created the flyers, wristbands, tickets and graphics for inside the club.

Overall within this module I believe I have worked harder than before to create briefs of which not only answer the brief but also allow me to create designs that I would want in my portfolio. I also believe I know have the taste of how hard I am going to constantly work through out my FMP and learnt to just do work and experiment and print throughout without thinking over and over an idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment